Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Dead But Dreaming. A new production on the works.

Today I came up with the title of the new film we're planning.  It has some cultural references for those who know certain things.  It also describes perfectly the main character in the story.  This character will be played by Veronica Paintoux, known for her controversial role in Sirwiñakuy.

After going over the title in my head, it came to me in the morning, before lunch, I had to sit in the confy couch where I normally cuddle with Chuqui and Amy... in that order. 

I was going over the notes and research when it came to me.  It was in a bit of dialogue at the beginning of the story.  "Where's Nahara?" the man asks.  "I don't know, nobody knows, she's dead but dreaming".

She's dead, but dreaming.  hmmm Dead But Dreaming... Most excellent!...

I run the title by Amy, she was typing away something to do with the business of selling movies.  She thought for a second.  "Sounds great" she said.  "I should beat you and take the title for my film". 

I knew then that it was a great title.

And it came to pass that my new film was baptized before lunch.

Shortly after lunch I looked at a design I had for the old version of the script, when it was just the timid beginning of a script that later suffered multiple transformations until it started to take shape and it became Dead But Dreaming, and passed it to Amy.

She took my original design, got a few pictures, and began to work on a poster.  And Voila, by the evening we had the official poster designed meticulously by Amy.

The story is very, very complex, so I won't go over that for now.  I just wanted to declare to the world that my next film has a title.
The principal characters in this new drama will be played by Veronica Paintoux, Amy Hesketh and Mila Joya, three amazing and courageous ladies who have worked with me quite a lot. 
Beto Lopez will be in this film, of course, and so will  Eric Calancha and Erik Antoine.
I'm reserving a character for myself and I'm in the process of selecting the rest.

It's a bit ambitious in its scope and one part of the film takes place in the 1800's and I know now, after making Maleficarum, which took place in the 1600's, that creating that period will be a piece of cake, a cake that will be baked by my most incredible partner and art director in residence Amy Hesketh, known as The Heskinator.
So there... a new film is in the works.  Dead But Dreaming.

3 comments:

  1. What happens to Amy at the end of the film. Im sure its something unfortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm not going to say anything about the end of the film... Right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The idea of "JJ", Amy, and crew doing more in the
      way of stories - like Maleficrum, versus "events"
      - like the various crux movies is highly anticipated.
      And please! Release "Ghost Castle" ! Even if on-the-fly
      kind of movie it sounds like a great idea. I can see
      the future of Amy & Jan - work, work, work !
      At least it is appreciated.

      Delete