Sunday, April 10, 2011

Release of Martyr


A few days ago I released Martyr, today I have a headache and I'm in a rotten mood. Is this a good way or a good moment to start a blog? It's not only the headache. I have a cold for the last few days, it started right after the party we held after the premiere. What can I say about the premiere? Or the party? Or my cold?
I rather start with the cold. Before the premiere I was working on the subtitles. I thought I had the subtitles ready a long time ago but to my surprise I didn't.
I spent the days before the premiere setting up the subtitles, fixing the sound and even doing last minute edits on a film that was finished for a long time, very long time.
Thus the cold. It happens. Stress is a source of colds.
The day before the premiere, in the afternoon, I had the copy of the film ready. I went to the Cinemateca to test it. It didn't fit the projector's size. It had to be squeezed a bit to make it fit.
Ok. Is that a big problem? Yes and no.
Time to freak out. ... or not. The cold is coming and settling in.
The night of the premiere I'm expecting a few people. I don't feel the cold, just a bit. After the premiere we all go to the Equinoccio for the party. The cold is in, but I don't feel it yet.
Next day I wake up and feel a bit sick. The cold is finally in and taking its territory.

So, the days pass, the cold doesn't, the film is playing at the Cinemateca and I don't know how it's going. The film got some press, not a lot, just some.
So I still want to write about the premiere and the after party?

Not really, not now, I'm in rotten mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment